Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's Official!

Yup! It's official! Baby Davidson will be making his/her debut February 2013! It is crazy to think that human life has been created and it will be growing in this belly of mine! It seems so surreal, but so incredibly exciting. I have been waiting to be a mom what seems like my entire life!




We found out we were expecting June 8th. I knew I was late, but refused to take a test after seeing so many disappointing negative ones in previous months. After a week of suspicion I decided to sneak downstairs and take a test while Jeff was getting ready for work. You know how you are supposed to wait a couple minutes for the results? Yup....there was none of that! A plus sign immediately appeared and my life was forever changed. My body started shaking and I was filled with such excitement! I always thought I would do something cute and adorable to tell Jeff we were expecting. Ya know, make cinnamon buns for breakfast and tell him we have a bun in the oven......make him a card from baby to be........create a little onsie and leave it on the bed for him to see. Well surprising him didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it. I ran upstairs, knocked on the bathroom door and out he came to me handing him the pregnancy test. There were tears of joy and a moment of oh my god! We couldn't believe it. After 3 pregnancy tests and a trip to the doctor I knew and believed we were having a baby!




It's funny because the moment you see the plus sign, 2 lines or the word "pregnant" you are filled with pure happiness and excitement. Then you find out you have to wait 12 weeks to share the news with anyone! haha.....if anyone knows me you know I am not one to hold in something I am over the moon about! I obviously called my mom right away.....yes it was 6 o'clock in the morning, but this was something I was not going to be able to keep from her! The rest of our family found out Father's Day weekend. We drove to the Cape to share the news with Jeff's mom. On the way to the Cape we stopped at the baseball field to tell my sister and brother in law. We called Jeff's sister and Jeff's dad and everyone was just as excited as we were! I wanted to tell my dad in a special way! It was Father's Day so I made him one of my hand made cards. The card read:

 


  


















It was priceless! What made it even more dramatic was the fact that he read the card out loud! I wasn't expecting that. Sooooo....needless to say, that's how all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and close family friends found out!


No comments:

Post a Comment