Saturday, October 27, 2012

23 weeks

When I first started this blog, the baby was the size of a lime. At 23 weeks it is a grapefruit, Except.....I am not going to call this week the week of the grapefruit. 

This is the week of the FAT ASS!  



Wednesday:

It's no lie that my belly is getting bigger and I am totally ok with that! I am actually excited that I finally look pregnant. However, I wasn't expecting to see and feel what I did this week. On Wednesday night I went to Target to buy some maternity pants because I can't exactly pull off the elastic on my regular pants anymore! I filled my cart and went into the dressing room. You know that feeling when it's almost time for bathing suit season and you're forced to try on a bathing suit in those tiny rooms with full length mirrors and bad lighting? Well....being pregnant magnified that times 1000! Being in that dressing room made me realize that I officially have a FAT ASS. Whoa! I wasn't expecting to see all that behind me!

Thursday:

These past months have been pretty stressful to say the least with everything that has been happening with my dad. Before going to the doctor's I sat down to write some questions and concerns. One concern I had was my weight. I never ever weigh myself, so I didn't know the number, but I had a feeling that I didn't put on as much weight as I should have because I haven't been eating good. When I'm stressed I am just not hungry.
I walked into the doctor's office and immediately got called to the scale. I don't care who you are.....no girl likes to weigh themselves. We are all so critical of ourselves and we don't like to see a number go up. Being pregnant doesn't make that any different. I knew my weight from the last time so when the number popped up, I was expecting to see maybe 3 or 4 more pounds.
HAHAHAHA!
Let's put it this way.....I ended up getting told by my doctor that I needed to start watching what I eat and she wants me to exercise! Never in my life did I think I would be told that I gained too much weight. For all those who have known me my whole life, I was always a health nut. I always ate relatively healthy and I used to teach aerobics 7 days a week. Since meeting Jeff I stopped the aerobics gig, but continued working out, running, taking Zumba classes and Kickboxing classes.
Instead of the 3 - 4 pounds I was supposed to gain, I gained 8! I can't believe I was concerned that I hadn't gained enough! At least I know our baby boy is getting what he needs to grow!
After the appointment I got in my car and started calling and texting some of my girls to share my "fat ass realization." If I wasn't pregnant and this happened I probably would have left the doctors in tears. This time, I just laughed and made a joke about it. I continued to vent to one of my friends, but 15 minutes into my car ride I found myself eating left over pizza from lunch!! Hahaha.

Yup....ate an entire pizza today, but after all the joking I did force my fat ass to the gym. Zumba classes are usually in the dark so you feel comfortable shaking and moving.....not tonight! I was forced to watch my body.....my whole body jiggle and move around for 60 minutes straight in a well lit room! You know those 8 pounds were intensified in my mind. I saw all 8 pounds and then some in my belly, my butt, my legs, my arms and my face! Yup.....this is def the week of the fat ass!








                     


No comments:

Post a Comment