Monday, February 4, 2013

39 Weeks

FEBRUARY:
HAPPY BIRTH MONTH BABY DAVIDSON!


Well...yesterday was the Superbowl. 



From very early on I had planned to play a little joke on Jeff. I wanted to pretend my water broke to put him in a panic during one of his favorite days of the year. It would be priceless seeing his face during one of the biggest plays and then see a puddle on the floor with my dreadful look of "uh oh!!"
Since the Giants aren't in the Superbowl this year my prank didn't seem quite as fun. Not to mention I fell asleep during the fourth quarter after being in a food coma!

We went to the store that morning and planned our Superbowl menu for just the two of us. Pulled pork in the crockpot and nachos smothered in cheeses, ground turkey, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream! I  prayed I didn't go into labor with those foods or it would have been a very sad and dreadful night for the doctors and nurses of Newton Wellesley! haha.

February 4th
39 WEEKS

Today marks week 39, which means my due date is exactly one week from today!
I had a doctor's appointment today and go figure...my blood pressure is back up! 
So much for my hour a day! 
They talked about inducing me tomorrow due to the blood pressure, but I am still not dilated at all. Inducing me too early would just result in a C-section, so they want to wait a little longer to see if my body changes at all within the next couple of days. 

However...
 They did schedule me for an induction! 
I have to go into the hospital Sunday morning to start  a medicine to "ripen the cervix" - sounds so pleasant doesn't it? Some of the terminology they use to describe pregnancy and the procedures is just weird and gross. If the medicine makes me go into labor then I stay there and BOOM - a baby is born. If not, then I go home and then go back in Monday to be induced on my actual due date.

For the past couple of weeks I knew this day was approaching, but for some reason, today made it all seem waaaaay too real. I didn't really know how I felt leaving the doctors. I was excited knowing I wouldn't go past my due date. I was scared to know what I was about to face delivery wise. I was overjoyed picturing myself and Jeff holding this little guy that we created together. I was panicked because I am about to be a mom and bring an actual newborn home instead of just my big belly with the baby inside of it. 
So many feelings and emotions were running wild. When I got home I sat in the nursery and just looked around with tears streaming down my face. 

<3 I can't believe I am going to be a mom! <3

1 comment:

  1. I was exactly 1 week late! You're lucky you're not going to go past your due date. That last week for me was ROUGH (to say the least)! Between the raging hormones, everything you mentioned above, being so unbelievably uncomfortable.....I would do it all over again (some day)!! :)
    - Kristy Hunt

    ReplyDelete