Sunday, February 3, 2013

38 Weeks

38 WEEKS
Baby Boy is the size of a PUMPKIN

I really don't think my belly can stretch anymore. Last night my stomach was so hard and tight.....non pregnant girls dream for that description of having a hard and tight stomach.....us pregnant girls not so much. It is just getting a tad uncomfortable and my shirts just don't even cover my belly anymore! haha The best part is....sometimes I can't even tell if my stomach is exposed! Yup...I'm that girl!

For those of you that have been reading my blog you know that I've been on bed rest since 35 weeks. Good news yet again......At my Monday appointment my blood pressure was down again and all my tests showed no more signs of preeclampsia!! Yay! "So, I can go back to work right?!?!" I think my doctor would have literally slapped me if I asked that question! She was so happy with my numbers that she even allowed me one hour a day to do "little" things! haha - little does she know I have been doing things :  ) 

Because they have been concerned with my BP I have to have a non-stress test (NST) 2 times a week. This is what I look like.....




The machine tracks the baby's heart rate, movement, and any contractions I may be having. I have to lay there for 20 minutes listening to the weird and bizarre sounds of this little guy. Many of the sounds sound like a horse gallopping through the open fields. The past 3 visits he has had the hiccups and won't stop moving, which in turn makes me lay there even longer so they can get a more accurate reading! 


The last picture is just to show the obnoxious belly button scar!! I took my belly button ring out during month 3 I think. I mean I was getting ready to be a mom....not a Teen Mom - not really appropriate to continue having a belly button ring......although I was quite sad. I loved my ring, I hate the scar. I really think that hole expanded and got bigger during the whole pregnancy! Gross.


Last night Jeff and I had our final date night together. It was so weird thinking about the fact that this was the last time we'd being going out, just the two of us, without having to try and find a babysitter. There will be no more just get up and go. 
As you can see....it was a special occasion! I even managed to fit....well squeeze my body into jeans annnnnd I wore heels!




How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 38 pounds
Maternity clothes? leggings and yoga pants everyday 
Stretch marks? maybe little ones, but can't tell.....and can't really see
Sleep: I can make it to 2:45 now and then I play on Facebook and Pinterest until I can fall back asleep
Best moment this week: knowing that D day is getting closer
Have you told family and friends: : )  
Miss Anything? Being active and working out
Movement: crazy hiccups and punches
Food cravings: Sweets!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I ate a salad yesterday with chicken and may have gagged
Have you started to show yet: he is the size of a pumpkin - no hiding this one
Gender prediction: It's a BOY
Labor Signs: crampy feelings, tightening of stomach
Belly Button in or out? even..not in...not out
Wedding rings on or off? Off :  (
Happy or Moody most of the time: getting excited and nervous that the date is creeping up
Weekly Wisdom: Be patient
Looking forward to: Baby D's arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment