Thursday, January 24, 2013

37 Weeks

Week 37
FULL TERM : )


Our baby is officially "baked" this week!! This means I "could" go at any minute. What a terrifying, exciting and overwhelming concept all rolled into one! I am getting pretty antsy about meeting this little guy and am getting excited about learning the name of him! Jeff and I decided from day one that we were not going to tell anyone the name because we didn't want to hear other peoples' opinions. This is the only surprise we have left, but it's a surprise I want to know now because we still have not picked one! A couple months ago we had it narrowed down to 3. Then, it went up to 5 names. Last week I thought we were down to 2 and as of last night we are up/down to 3 - haha - never ending! We sit here and write the names down to see how they look. We call out the names to see how it sounds when we could be yelling at him or cheering him on at a sporting event. Good thing we only have a couple weeks left!! Names.....to be continued!


How a baby looks at Full Term:

That little tyke sure does look cozy in there. As squished as Baby D is getting inside my belly, he is still moving around a ton. The movements are now INTENSE to say the least. He literally makes me jump sometimes because he jabs or kicks me so hard....especially on the right side. At night, he moves his entire body on my right side. You can see him and my lopsided belly clear as night.

Bed Rest Update:

I am on day 16 of bed rest - yikes!
 I think I am handling it a lot better then I thought I would be. I still allow myself a little time to do things even though I get grief from Jeff every time I do. If I didn't leave the house at times he'd be dealing with a very depressed and moody human being, so he should be thankful that I do little things, but know my limits and my limit seems to be one hour!

My friends and family have been so great during this time. I went through 6 days in a row where people came over and hung out with me - it was fabulous and I appreciated it so much, so THANK YOU to those who took the ride to entertain me! Another thing that has been a savor are the daily texts, emails, and phone calls from people. Talking to people is key in keeping your spirits up while being home all day long! Yesterday was the first day no one came over, but I had a doctor's appointment, so I was still able to leave the house. I even curled my hair since I had so much time on my hands! haha - I haven't curled my hair since the last wedding I went to!

Jeff met me at the doctors because I actually went to the doctors the day before because I was not feeling well at all. I was laying down at home and I was dizzy and sweat was dripping down my forehead. I am not one to really complain about not feeling well, but I was concerned enough to actually call the doctor and go in. I def have a touch of some bug, but the weird thing was that my blood pressure had gone down!! They were the best numbers I had seen in over a month.

We went into the room and they hooked me up for my non stress test that I go through each and every time I go now. This was the first time Jeff has experienced this one and of course he had the video camera! haha. My blood pressure again was looking pretty good and all my tests show absolutely no signs of preeclampsia anymore!! Bed Rest actually works! We were expecting to pick a date for induction at this appointment, but it turns out, since my numbers all seem to be getting better they may not have to induce me, which is GREAT, but I was secretly getting pumped up to meet him a little earlier then expected. So...as of right now we are waiting for my body to run its course naturally!! Come on body!!! Bring this baby on.....naturally!



How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 35 pounds
Maternity clothes? leggings and yoga pants everyday 
Stretch marks? I think I may have one...sometimes you can't tell if it's a stretch mark or if your pants are leaving marks for being so tight ;  )
Sleep: 2 a.m. wake up call every night to lay in bed and think....
Best moment this week: Visits from friends to keep me company
Have you told family and friends: : )  
Miss Anything? Being active and working out
Movement: Baby D loves jabbing me in the ribs!! 
Food cravings: Still loving ice cream and decaf coffee
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really
Have you started to show yet: HA
Gender prediction: It's a BOY
Labor Signs: getting crampy feelings each day
Belly Button in or out? even..not in...not out
Wedding rings on or off? Off :  (
Happy or Moody most of the time: getting excited and nervous that the date is creeping up
Weekly Wisdom: Keep feet up
Looking forward to: Baby D's arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment