Friday, January 11, 2013

35 Weeks

35 Weeks




Baby Boy doesn't have that much room in that belly of mine now! This week he is compared to a honeydew melon. I have the perfect basketball belly, which I am so surprised about. I totally didn't think I would carry the way I am carrying....I guess I shouldn't complain though!!




I've had high blood pressure since before Christmas and was officially diagnosed with gestational hypertension. Some say it's one of those silent killers. I get the occasional headache and my heart races, but other then that I feel ok....however.....I do get very red throughout the day (but to me I'm red alot of the time so didn't think much about it) Doctors have been monitoring it and checking it weekly. For those that want to know more about high blood pressure during pregnancy these two sites are pretty good.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/hbp_preg.htm

http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/preeclampsia-and-high-blood-pressure-during-pregnancy-topic-overview

Since all of my appointments have been in the afternoon they wanted me to come in before work one day to see if there was a difference in the numbers. Tuesday was the big day! My appointment was at 9:15, so I got to sleep in and take my time.....Score!! I felt relaxed and even did some deep breathing on the ride in.



I got there and they called me right away. The nurse took my blood pressure 3 times in a row and I just knew what she was thinking!! Dam....that deep breathing didn't help at all! She left and I awaited the doctor. The door opened and I got the look I have dreaded getting! Her first words..."you know what I'm about to say." TEARS GALORE!!!! Noooooo!! Please don't!!!! Yup....done with work and bed rest. I simply just couldn't believe it. I guess I was in pure denial. I knew I had been having high blood pressure, but I really didn't think she would make me stop working. I mean....I've been feeling fine! Because it's my first pregnancy half of the time I just think what I'm feeling is a part of pregnancy. I've had such a good pregnancy for the most part. I really just couldn't believe it....and quite frankly still don't want to believe it.

For most people, they would be so excited to hear those words, but for me, it was my worst nightmare. In my head, I still had 4 weeks left with my kids. It went from 4 weeks to a half day in a matter of seconds!! I begged her to let me finish the week....no such luck!! My last day officially teaching was that afternoon.   :  (  PANIC!!! My thoughts and emotions were allllll over the place. Going into work right after was not fun. I hated having to tell the principal I was done. I hated telling my kids. I hated the fact that I knew how much planning I had to do in order to leave! I ended up staying at work until 7:30 - haha. Not exactly taking it easy, but for those who know me shouldn't be surprised! I needed some sanity and by me staying and prepping gave me piece of mind. Being a teacher isn't easy. It's not a desk job. I can't just say it's my last day and walk away! 

So for now....Bed Rest it is! Ahhhh...I am soooooo not a Bed Rest kind of person! However, I have to do what's right for the little guy. Work is not what is important....or so they say : ) I am lucky to have found a great replacement who I am confident will do an amazing job! Rachel...if you are reading this - Good Luck with my kiddos! You will be a great teacher! This is an awesome opportunity for you and it is a lesson you could never learn in books!


The only good part about that day was getting a bonus ultrasound to make sure our baby boy was ok : )
His estimated weight so far is 6 pounds 2 ounces.....I know everyone says not to trust this, but if it is true then he's measuring a week ahead of time! I loved seeing his cute little face with chubby little cheeks! I even spotted some hair!! : )



How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 31 pounds
Maternity clothes? yes.
Stretch marks? No stretch marks but that belly is stretching!
Sleep: Insomnia....just can't sleep! Toss and turn thinking, thinking, thinking!
Best moment this week: surprise ultrasound
Have you told family and friends: everyone knows....even strangers
Miss Anything? work - haha
Movement: Yup...punches and kicks in the ribs - good times!
Food cravings: Twizzlers are my friend this week! I bought them for the hospital bag - haha. I bet they don't last the weekend!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: The belly is getting rather big....I think I will even miss it once our little guy arrives
Gender prediction: It's a BOY
Labor Signs: shortness of breath.....fast heartbeat......blood pressure and being swollen
Belly Button in or out? my never ending innie is getting pretty dam close to popping
Wedding rings on or off? Off...
Happy or Moody most of the time: emotional!! 
Weekly Wisdom: Keep those feet up
Looking forward to: Arrival!






No comments:

Post a Comment