Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 8, 2013

Blizzard of Nemo
February 8th, 2013 - February 9th, 2013

Friday, February 8th I had a scheduled doctor's appointment to check my blood pressure. Shocker...it was high. The nurse walked out of the room and Jeff looked at me and asked, "Should we have packed the bags?" I thought...no way. The doctor walked in and retook the pressure and said, "Ok....I think the time has come." What? Wait? 
I had been scheduled to go into the hospital on Sunday, the 10th to "get things moving." My doctor wanted to move everything up because of my blood pressure and the blizzard that had currently started outside.
Jeff and I left the doctors and I just kept thinking, "Is this really happening??" We stopped at home to pick up our bags that have been ready to go for the last month. 

We even snuck in one last belly picture!




We arrived at the hospital around noon time.....
Mommy's bag - check!
Daddy's bag - check!
Snack and Activity bag - check!
Lap top bag - check!
Camera bag - check!



We took the elevator up to the 5th floor of Maternity and Delivery!
Ahhhhhhh!
Here goes nothing!

We checked-in only to find out there were no rooms available! Apparently every other pregnant woman decided to go into the hospital as well with this storm! We switched rooms 4 times until we were able to stay where we were.

What do you do to pass the time while you are anxiously waiting to hear something??? Watch Sons of Anarchy of course! Jeff packed the laptop and obviously brought along some BOSE speakers, so we were able to watch a couple of episodes and get a little cuddle time.


7 o'clock Friday night the doctor gave me a ripening agent to see if they could get anything moving along. When they came back at 10 o'clock they were going to give me another dose, BUT I was already contracting more then they had anticipated so they didn't and told me to get some sleep.

February 9th, 2013

Jeff had to sleep on a reclining chair....not too comfortable, but good thing he moved into the chair and didn't stay cuddling with me because at 2a.m my water broke!
It was the weirdest thing ever. I was laying there and felt a tiny pop. I stayed still for a second and I felt a trickle and I thought am I peeing myself? 
"Jeff...Jeff....Jeff.....I think my water just broke!" 

I slowly got up and as soon as I got all the way up WOOOOSH! Holy mother of all god! 
I made it to the bathroom and just sat there as water continued to come out.
Jeff called the nurse and she came in and confirmed....yup.....this is it!! No turning back!

I tried to get some more sleep, but really, who would be able to sleep knowing what was about to happen? Contractions started almost immediately, but it was nothing to complain about.....YET!


Holy Huge right???


Around 7a.m the doctor came in to evaluate everything. She had told me good thing I was where I was because my water would have broken regardless if I had the ripening agent or not. Imagine! There was a blizzard going on outside. My biggest nightmare previously was that my water would break at home during the storm and I would be stuck!

After the doctor left I showered and had my final breakfast! Blueberry pancakes, bacon, a bagel, a muffin, orange juice....anything else? haha - it was going to be a loooong day and my last excuse to eat like a pig!

I started Pitocin around 9 a.m and I sat anxiously waiting to see what those intense contractions felt like to come.

It's so funny because before having a baby you have a "Birth Plan" set in place of how you want your birthing experience to go.

I pictured myself in make-up and my hair done because I wanted to look decent in pics. The lights would be lowered. I wanted my "motivation" gym music playing in the background. I wanted to use a birthing ball to lessen contractions and I wanted to go as far as I could without any pain medicine.

Well.....that birth plan was thrown out the window real fast! Nothing went like I had pictured!

I was super, super quiet during the course of the entire day. Jeff and I tried to watch another episode of SOA, but those contractions were starting to make it really hard to concentrate on anything else but pain. Every time a contraction came, my body would tense up and I would close my eyes, grab something close and squeeze.

Jeff and I walked up and down the hallways a couple times stopping every minute or so in order for me to grab the railing and experience that pain I wanted to feel so badly!

I made it back to the room and decided I had felt enough of that pain....I then knew what contractions felt like - check! 3p.m. = Epidural please!!

Many things happened during the course of the next ongoing hours that I did not expect. 
Fever, naseau, dry heaving, dizziness, faint, uncontrollable shaking......every time I felt a different sensation I would tell the nurse and they would check my dilation and it all made sense. Everything I was feeling was normal. With each sensation she said my body was going to the next level. Not everyone has these symptoms though. I had never heard this part of labor, so for those mommies to be.....don't be alarmed if this happens to you!

Timeline:

4 p.m - 3 cm
6 p.m - 8 cm
6:30 p.m - 10 cm

6:40....

PUSH TIME!!!!!

One hour later........

Welcome to the world Brayden Ross!
7:49 p.m
7 pounds
20.5 inches




Our little love bug!!
We are so in LOVE <3








No comments:

Post a Comment