Sunday, September 16, 2012

IT'S A ?????????????

                                                          Are you all ready for this????


Sooooooo, Jeff didn't last as long as he thought he would on this whole gender thing! Either he caved and was just as excited to know as I was, or he is plain and simple the best hubby because he wants to see me smile! Either way.....we know!

We had our own cars at the appointment on Friday because we both came from work. After the appointment he said he would be late because he needed to get gas. Late to me from getting gas is 15 minutes after me.....not an hour and a half behind! I thought he was up to "something" but I didn't press my luck! No further questions were asked!

When he finally got home we got ready to celebrate - Date Night! When we pulled in the parking lot I got a call from my sister......my dad had been brought back to the hospital. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Needless to say....celebrating was put on hold and family time was in need.

After a very long night I wanted to make Jeff breakfast. He has been so supported during this whole ordeal. For some reason he was "still hungry" after eating. He left the room and came back with.....



Ahhhhhhhh!!! I knew exactly what it was! We had talked about the whole gender reveal with cupcakes before!! Never did I think it would be the day after though!! I thought for sure he would save the reveal for my birthday in November!

I was so excited that my body started shaking and sweating! I couldn't believe we were about to find out if we were having a 
boy or a girl!!!



I was ready!!! What's better then finding out the gender of your baby??? A cupcake dessert at 9 o'clock in the morning!!!!

Jeff asked....."Are you ready???" Am I ready?? I was about to destroy that cupcake!!!

With a count of 3 I took the biggest bite to get to the middle of that cupcake!


What?!?!?! Wait! Where is the pink???? Where is the blue???? This was worse then my multi-colored cake dream!! Did he really just do that to me??

I have NEVER heard Jeff laugh so hard in his life! 


Yup...he did. He thinks he is soooooo funny, but I have to give credit where credit is due! That was good!

He had planned this reveal for after our celebration dinner, but obviously plans had changed! I wondered where the cupcakes had come from, but then the mysterious hour and a half returned to my head!

I thought that was the end of it. Joke over....moving on with the day.
 I was wrong. In he walks with another pink box!!

This time it was for real!!!


Blue?!?! I was convinced it was a girl for the LONGEST time! I thought for sure I would be seeing pink frosting! All the gender tests said girl! Everyone that predicted said girl! B's mom saw string moving in a particular direction and said girl! All signs pointed to GIRL. 

Boy, was I in for a surprise.....a very good surprise indeed! 


We immediately called my mom. She needed to hear some happy news! She started crying before we even told her.....she knew what was about to come out of our mouths! As soon as I said, "It's a BOY" she stopped crying! hahahaha! I think she was in shock because she was just as convinced as I was! Another boy to add to her grandchildren! She is over the moon :  ) 

We told Jeff's parents on FaceTime! Another happy set of grandparents!

Again.....I wanted to tell my dad in person - for some reason he always gets the creative reveals!! I thought telling him at the hospital would brighten his spirit. 

I ordered some blue balloons and figured why not?!? People bring "Get Well" balloons to hospitals. Why not reveal it that way and see if he figures it out when I walk in the door?!
Before the hospital visit of course I needed a 10 minute photo session for keepsakes!





My dad reacted as best as he could! With all the pain meds being pumped in his body it was hard to keep him awake! He studied our alien picture for awhile and the balloons are in his room as a constant reminder to stay strong and get better sooooooon!

So....it is official!

BABY DAVIDSON IS A 

BOY

:)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo







1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo excited for you guys! I can't wait to introduce Reese to his new little Cape buddy!

    ReplyDelete