Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 18

                                            We are officially at 18 weeks! Baby D is the size of.......

                                                               

                                              I know, I know......lemon to a pepper! It's been awhile! 

Head to rump, Baby D is about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces. I've def gained more then 7 ounces I can tell you that!!! My jeans officially DO NOT zip up anymore! Welcome to the world of the belly band! The baby is busy flexing his arms and legs, although I haven't felt any movement so far! The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and the ears are now in their final position.

We've had a really hard couple of weeks and I blame my lack of blogging on being completely preoccupied with worry. My dad has been in and out of the hospital, so life has revolved around stressful days and hospital visits. I think we hit our lowest of lows when his heart completely stopped and we didn't think he would pull through. My dad is a trooper though! One week in intensive care and pace maker in place he was ready to come home on Monday! My dad has no choice but to get better! He does have a unborn grandchild who wants to meet his Grandpa! If a little baby isn't motivation enough I don't know what is!

This is my dad the day before leaving the hospital! Happy Guy!


On a happier note.....

We had our BIG ultra sound on Friday. It was insane to say the least. Baby D looks perfect. We saw soooo many different views....the spine, the kidney, the heart beating up a storm, its hands covering its little face, but the tech never stopped on a frame to reveal the sex! I wanted to know.....Jeff did not......so we made a compromise. We had the tech write the gender down on a piece of paper and they sealed it in an envelope - a NON see through envelope! haha - believe me I would try! Leaving the doctors Jeff wouldn't even let me hold onto it. He knows me all too well! He took it and it is in his hands until the day he decides to do the big reveal! Grrrrrr!

Here are some pics of baby to be!


This next one is a little alien like! They did a couple of 3-D images and it was so weird. Here is Baby D relaxing with its hand behind its head with a little smirk!


I think it totally looks like a boy! Only little boys would hang out comfortable as can be while their mommy is getting poked with an ultra sound device! We'll see!


Week 18 Survey:


How far along? 18 weeks and 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: I will find out Monday
Maternity clothes? Elastic bands and belly bands for the jeans! I love leggings and flowy tops!

Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: It's weird, but I sometimes find it hard to get comfortable! No more belly sleeping!
Best moment this week: Seeing images!
Have you told family and friends: Yes....and now all of my students know :  )
Miss Anything? not really....would still love a Fall Beer, but I'm getting used to just dealing with it.
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Loving candy corn at the moment!
Anything making you queasy or sick: just gagging when I brush my teeth
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: Ahhhh back and forth....now the boy image keeps popping up!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Weekly Wisdom: Stay calm
Looking forward to: when Jeff let's us open the envelope!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment